The Benefits Administrator will fulfill the essential benefits function for the organization; responsible for the day-to-day administration of employee benefit programs that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long-term disability and 401k plan.
- Be the “Subject Matter Expert” and Key Point of Contact for clients and employees regarding all core and supplemental employee benefit offerings including Health, Life, Dental, 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, etc.
- Plan and administer all employee enrollment activities for new-hires, annual enrollment, enrollment changes and terminations related to all benefits plans.
- Oversees the distribution of all required notices and communications to clients and employees for compliance regarding benefit changes or any required notifications being provided by vendors such as ACA, COBRA and FMLA
- Ensures administrative compliance with various benefits related regulations that include 401k, FMLA, ACA, PFL and state disability insurance.
- Conducts research and maintains up-to-date knowledge of all benefit program details and coverage as well as rules, regulations and stipulations which would affect employee decisions on which products to select based on individual criteria
- Process required documentation via HR database/payroll systems and insurance carrier reports to ensure accurate employee enrollment, record keeping and deductions.
- Process and reconcile monthly benefit plan billings including vendor invoices and self-billing reports.
- Administer all medical leave-of-absences based on company policies and legal requirements associated with FMLA and various state disability programs.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefit plans, enrollment, claims and similar matters.
- As a member of a small Human Resources Team this role will also be asked to cover when others are absent.
- Oversight of the COVID 19 state/county specific regulations as it relates to employer & employee responsibilities such as special pay, quarantine, and leave of absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience in benefits administration
- Associates degree or equivalent years of Benefits or Human Resources experience, a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now v2 software highly desirable
- Handle highly confidential information
- Strong attention to detail
- Interest in working in a team-oriented work environment
We are a supplier of automotive parts and accessories with a history in the automotive aftermarket industry dating back to 1958. Our company is comprised of full service warehouses, pick-up warehouse and retail stores that distribute parts within a fifteen state geographical reach from Midwest through the Northeast and down to the Mid-Atlantic states.
For more company information, please visit our website: www.hahnauto.com