The HR Manager position is responsible for planning and administration of all the functions of the HR department including payroll, benefit /compensation administration, employee relations, performance management and labor law compliance.
- Ensure established HR policies and procedures are communicated and are fairly/uniformly applied throughout the company; provide coaching/guidance to employees and management staff on matters related to HR policies; formulate and recommend HR policies; conduct investigations on employee complaints and concerns.
- Administer and coordinate performance management activities that include coaching management staff on employee performance related issues including administration of disciplinary actions and development of performance improvement plans.
- Ensure legal compliance with various governmental (federal, state, local) laws and regulations on labor related matters; oversee completion of information requested or required for compliance related annual reports such as OSHA, EEO-1 and Affordable Care Act; work in conjunction with the legal department in the preparation of information on labor related legal charges/complaints.
- Provide direct support to field locations with recruitment activities including development and placement of job postings; identify local relevant recruitment resources; provide coaching on interviewing and hiring practices; coordinate staffing/recruitment activities for all positions at headquarter location.
- Coordinate the planning and administration of benefit programs; identify and recommend changes to benefits offered aimed at employee satisfaction and retention; handle plan administrator duties for the company’s 401k plan.
- Supervise and coach department staff and oversee daily workflow of the department.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field.
· At least five (5) years of work experience in human resources field.
· Working knowledge of human resources disciplines including employee relations, compensation, benefits and performance management.
· Experience with ADP’s WorkforceNow program a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent time management skills with ability to meet deadlines; ability to delegate when appropriate.
· General understanding of common employment related laws and regulations; experience with multi-state compliance a plus.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
We are a supplier of automotive parts and accessories with a history in the automotive aftermarket industry dating back to 1958. Our company is comprised of full service warehouses, pick-up warehouse and retail stores that distribute parts within a fifteen state geographical reach from Midwest through the Northeast and down to the Mid-Atlantic states. The company is composed of 1,000 + employees located in 13 states.